Side-folding security grilles offer many security benefits, some of which you've never even thought of! For the curious or the unconvinced, this post lists 12 of the top benefits you can get by installing a side-folding (open-air or full enclosure) security grille at your premises.
Top 12 Benefits of Side-Folding Security Grilles/Doors
Some areas just don’t have the right layout to afford a big, heavy door that closes at night. Yet certain high-value businesses such as banks, jewelry stores, document printers, or electronics shops, to name a few, still need heavy security during off-hours to protect against vandalism or theft.
The side-folding door or grille can install easily, requiring only a small amount of wall space for anchoring on each side. It provides top-notch protection for valuables and sensitive information but opens and closes easily so any employee can operate it. These doors provide a versatile solution for inner spaces. Ideal for inside malls, airports, or hotels, as well as retail.
1. The side-folding security grilles offered by Overhead Door Company of the Meadowlands & NYC have a clear anodized aluminum pocket door with a turn catch that gives a modern commercial finish. Rolling or coiling overhead doors leave a gap in the ceiling.
2. These doors require zero floor space when built into a 6-inch stud wall.
3. They have a steel-framed pocket that can support headers for smaller openings.
4. ADA locking height is standard at 42 inches - perfectly in line with the ADA standards of 15 inches off the floor to no higher than 48 inches. Roll-up doors lock are on the bottom bar, on the floor.
5. Side-Folding Emergency Egress Doors have true push (outward action) while coiling doors go up (not meeting the outward requirement code).
6. Side-folding doors can floin with almost any layout that can imagine i.e. special radius curves, neo-angels, circles - Rolling doors can only be straight.
7. Inside or outside comers do not need post/column when using side-folding security grilles, keeping the opening clear from obstacles of view, rolling doors will always require post/columns.
8. Side-folding doors or grilles can be hundreds of feet wide without support posts. Rolling doors with corners need support post/columns to make large straight layouts.
9. Side-folding security grilles or doors require only 1 1/2 inches of headroom for the track and never require a bottom track. Rolling doors require 10 to 20 inches of headroom.
10. Servicing a side-folding security grille/door will only require dropping on a piece of track from the ceiling while roll-up doors may require removal of the ceiling area entirely around the counterbalance assembly to service the product.
11. Side-folding doors don't need a motor-assisted operation, no matter the size. Rolling doors will need a motor over 16 feet wide.
12. Side-folding doors can fit almost any high-rise building's freight elevator.
* We offer 24-hour emergency service to our existing customers.
We service Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, Union, Essex, Morris, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Mercer and Somerset county/counties), Manhattan, New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Westchester and Rockland.